Some pre-production work for a product photo shoot.
Archive for January, 2012
Your photo shoot is done. It’s time to reap the benefits.
Here’s what you can expect after the photo shoot:
- Firstly, tell your photographer if you have a deadline. Especially if your proposal or advertisement is due tomorrow.
- Your photographer will do some minor adjustments to your photos such as tonal corrections. We’ll then send previews over to your inbox as PDFed proofs.
- Have a good look at the images in the proof. Each one is uniquely named. Once you’ve made a selection, email or call to tell us your choice.
- We treat each selected shot with some tender loving care. This means that we get rid of skin imperfections and minor blemishes, photoshop unruly hair strands away and we might do some bigger details like cleaning up the background or fixing up your shirt.
- We will send you a link to the file. Once you click on the link, your image selections will start downloading to your computer.
- Unzip the folder using your favourite archive programs and save your images somewhere safe that you won’t forget!
Tip: Keep your proofs in a prominent place on your computer. We keep all of our images indefinitely so if you need to order a more serious or friendly look, we can edit another image so you don’t have to do a complete re-shoot.
This shoot was for a Foxtel “outdoor media campaign” – Promotion material appeared on taxis, bus shelters, postcards and online.
We photographed the earth-shaped cake and Paris Cutler in studio, along the recording of the television commercial (see: Eat Yourself Sexy as an example).
The artwork was created by shooting the individual image elements. The globe cake, cake slice, cake holder and Paris was photographed separately in studio then this was all put together in post production using Photoshop.
Planet Cake is a reality tv show that follows the ups and downs of a custom-made cake store that caters to high-profile people like Rihanna and Nicole Kidman. The owner, Paris Cutler, was a stock broker before she bought the company in 2003.
Watch the trailer.
I was lucky enough to head off to Hawaii for a week during the Christmas break.
We spent two days at the Hilo side, which is lush rainforest and active volcanoes. If you drive to the other side of big island, its sand, sun and swimming with wild dolphins.
Once I visit a country, I often don’t feel the need to go back but Hawaii had so many adventures that it’s still on my top five places to visit. They have grass-fed, locally sourced hormone free beef burgers people!